Whaleboat Forum
August 22, 2017, 09:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW PURCHASE  (Read 454 times)
Tahsis

CANADA

View Profile Email
« on: March 31, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »

After a search   I found one  !!!  YAHOO   !!!!   MW8506    any body with any info on this boat would be welcome ...
     She has  the Borg-Warner trans.  ...............   and the boat  NEEDS   a refit   LOL   Happy Boater
sccmason

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »

Good Evening,

MWB8506...is the manufacturers plate still on the coxswains station...is it a Technical Fiberglas Hull?

If so it was built by my family in Clayton, NY and Smiths Falls, ON

In the Canadian Sea Cadets, was it a sailing whaler you trained on?

We also built a number of those in Smiths Falls

Thanks Shawn Mason
Tahsis

CANADA

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »

Hi     26MW8506  is this # on the hull , exterior , lower port side , near the stern ,   and so far these are the only #'s I have ,..
   She  has the wood rub rail , gunwales  and I'm changing them to the rubber rub rail .     other than that , scraping all the old paint off .  And  just going over everything .. I've had to change the engine  ,  found the same , a 4.108 with a Hurth gear .   Bowman heat exchange ...   , the original was the big bulb  that sticks up ..high than  the engine . Looking forward to getting out in her .  I'm on the west coast of Vancouver Island .      I have a great, safe boat .  !!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: