Whaleboat Forum
January 21, 2018, 07:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Destruction of the Gulf Coast  (Read 4925 times)
BamaBreeze

View Profile Email
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »

On Wed the dreaded red goo came through the pass with the tide, right past 3 useless sets of boom.
There was so much oil on the boat ramp that even a monster truck couldn't pull a trailer up the ramp.
      5 weeks ago Orange Beach Al. asked to close the pass to the gulf (perdido pass) and was told NO.
Now its too late and our gov. says ok--
      Think about it and pray that we never have another majior terror problem---if a oil problem is too complicated to handle think what a dirty nuke would do.
       Yes I am mad as Hell--the arnica bay is a nursery for over 300 dolphins,sea horses,sharks & more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can clean the oil off my seawall but the wildlife will not recover in my lifetime.
        Alabama has only 32 miles of coast and it is neglected by goverment buracrats, as is the midwest--they consider it flyover country with few votes.  Sorry for the ranting ---just enjoy what you have---it can be gone in the blink of the eye.

ONE MAD-PISSED OFF -VIET NAM VET, BAMA Cry

belarus50

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »

That's sad, especially the bulk of the oil is still out there...where are the skimmer boats?
BamaBreeze

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »

The skimmers are out there but its frutil---my daughter went to the beach yesterday and it looked fine so they went in for a swim.
     What they didn't see is the very tiny disolved oil that is broken up by the dispersents ---they were covered with tiny oil dots when they got out of the water.
     The oil comes in through Perdido Pass with every tide. Stronger  booms are to be installed within 3 weeks. the horse is out of the barn!!!!!

take a look at the mess -just google, perdido pass oil spill

BAMA ken
belarus50

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 01:45:18 PM »

Ken,what's that oil doing? On the news it says the oil is getting harder to find. It's there somewhere...on the bottom or all in between and a lot of it. Nik
BamaBreeze

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:44:16 AM »

Hi Nick, sorry it took so long to reply. Actually everything is looking good.
     I can't believe it but mother nature and the skimmers did a great job.
there is hardly a sign of oil left. We have to wait to see what it did to the marine
life. All in all I am very confident we will get back to normal soon. I probably over reacted
but thats how I am. All Alabama fishing is now open!!!

thanks for asking, ken
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: